- TMI Workshop: 20 Topics for Success on the Web
- We Turn Web Sites in to Lean Mean Marketing Machines
- LIVE Streaming VIA Music & New Media Festival
- E-Comm Solutions That Don't Lead to More Problems
- Social Marketing Worth Telling Your Friends About
- We Don't Build Carts... We Create Shopping Experiences
- Ad Agency Quality... Without Ad Agency Prices
Web Developer - Telecommute / Virtual Office Environment
Arsenal Studios is seeking a Web Developer for a contract (to potential hire) opportunity. The immediate objective is to assist in development and testing of our rapidly growing custom web software business with a secondary emphasis on CMS and web site customization and development.
In this position, the selected candidate will be working in a PHP / MySQL (LAMP Stack) environment to develop custom web based software, CMS solutions, and dynamic web sites. Our practice runs the gamut from ecommerce to hybrid mobile and everything in between. We are waaaay different than your typical ad agency or web design company, and make this distinction as a point of pride. Our clients love us and we love them back. Do you want to share the love?
About Working for Arsenal Studios
Arsenal Studios is an ethical web design company. We are growing rapidly due to our reputation for fair practices, honesty, real time billing, and transparency. We believe that the best solution for the client is the one that meets their needs, not the one that has the highest profit margin. We care about our clients and are in close contact with them. You must be an honest, sincere, likable person and be adept at interacting with clients through phone, email, video chat, and in person. Though we have offices in Baltimore, MD, St. Louis, MO, and Pittsburgh, PA, we primarily operate in an officeless work environment and can hire candidates in any of these states. We work during regular business hours, but from home or from our personal studios and meet virtually on a regular basis.
Skills & Requirements
Skill Set Details:
- 2+ year(s) experience designing websites and web applications in a client-services environment
- The ability to turn a client into a collaborator through excellence in communication and customer service
- Experience developing for different devices and screen sizes. Responsive development a plus.
- The driving desire to learn, innovate, and collaborate with a team of like-minded developers and designers
- The ability to empower clients via open source CMS solutions
Things you should know or be prepared to learn:
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices
- Experience working within a PHP development framework
- Solid grasp of Object-Oriented Programming
- Experience with CMS such as Drupal, Joomla!, WordPress
- Source control (SVN, Git, etc.) familiarity
- Some familiarity with configuring web servers
- Mobile development (web or app) experience
Why We're Awesome
Our salaries are competitive, our employees are friendly, and our clients are awesome. Due to our strong connection with the arts and education, we also have some really unique and fun projects that are unlike anything you have ever done before.
Also, in the intangible department, we are a growing team of 7 that works closely together. We want the best for our employees. You will be treated like a human, not a code monkey. We truly care about the happiness and well-being of our employees, and in turn, we all happily grow together.
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, please reply to email@example.com with cover letter and attached résumé and portfolio / or links to résumé / portfolio.
Thanks for your time!